Monday, February 27, 2012

the only good thing about saying farewell to february is that we're almost done with those awful subway febru-any commercials. i'm kind of sad the month is already over!

i started the month with babysitting my triplet cousins for a few days. the last time i babysat them for a weekend they were maybe 4 years old, and i learned that they would much rather play at the zoo's park rather than look at the animals. this babysitting experience was much different. they are 14 so my job was really just to make sure they were fed and had a chauffer to their basketball and volleyball games. the best part was listening to them talk with each other when they got home from school. they could finish each others' sentences, they were constantly talking over each other, and it just happened to be the last day to order roses for valentine's day to be delivered during school, so there was a whole lot of advice from the girls trying to convince their brother that he needed to order a rose for the girl who has a mega crush on him. gosh it was entertaining to listen to their banter.

the rest of the month is a blur of working 14-hour days, spending two nights in salt lake for a work conference, and i finished the month in atlanta. it was a quick trip, but while there, i read the hunger games, kept myself up all night because of some weird inability to sleep, and i enjoyed a social drinking hour with the irish consolate of georgia. people kept telling me congratulations for being mormon, and i tried to clear up a few stereotypes--no i don't have horns, i am my husband's only wife, i am only a little bit crazy, and i do drink caffeine. honestly, people from the south are so kind and so full of faith. just like my last trip to georgia, i came home with a resolve to be more bold in my conviction of jesus christ.

so all in all, things are pretty great here. flying from one thing to another and lots to look forward to in the coming months.

5 comments:

Erin :) said...

What a month you have had! I cannot believe the triplets are 14--when did we and they grow up? And I've been wanting to read the hunger games...would you recommend them? I'm excited that March holds some catch up time for us! Yay!

P.S...I like the new look of your blog!

J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J. said...

I also love the new look of your blog!
Sounds like you had a busy, but fun, month!

Annika said...

you may be the only person in the universe who is sad to see february go! and i like that about you. :)

ps how did the triplets become 14 over night?

ps again. the hunger games rock my world. i'm dying for the movie!

Trimbles said...

Oh I bet you had fun with the triplets. I talked to Allison the other night and she was telling me that they are in the throws of puberty. Made me laugh so hard. I would love to just sit and watch them. :)