Wednesday, May 9, 2012

the master graduate

my dear friend erin graduated from the U last week with her master's degree. we drove up over the weekend to congratulate her and enjoy a celebration BBQ. we did what we do best--eat, laugh, talk about the dogs, and reminisce about our beanie baby days. erin and i took beanie babies seriously. we mailed each other packages full of letters each month as part of our "beanie baby club" commitment.

it was great to be with my second family again. my dad and brian have been friends forever so it seems erin and i have too, although we still have about 20 years to go until we catch up with them. hopefully our friendship will last just as long so we can drag our kids to the christmas lights, hardware ranch, island park, and st. george to continue on the traditions started by our dads.

ps, i love the picture of christin and my dad. she thought she was being sneaky stealing my dad's chair but he got her back by sneaking a little ice down her shirt. typical christin and typical response from my dad.

2 comments:

J. said...

Beanie babies!!!! I collected them too! They were the best!

Erin :) said...

love love love it! thank you so much for coming! it meant so so much. and change that hopefully (re: us being friends 20+more years) definitely! :)