Sunday, June 8, 2008

the wedding

i'm pretty sure annika and i were friends in heaven. we've been friends ever since i can remember- (aren't we cool in our winnie-the-pooh and levi outfits? oh yes.)



all my memories from growing up involve annika and her sisters and the great neighborhood we lived in. then after i moved from brigham city, we stayed in touch and had lots of sleepovers, get-togethers, and the funnest trip to disneyland with our families. she has been the one constant thing in my life and i know we'll always be friends.


now she's a married lady! she got married on saturday in the logan temple. it was a little chilly and rainy but it was so beautiful. i loved being in the temple when she and mark were sealed and seeing how happy they both are. they are moving just a few blocks away from mike and i so after all these years we are going to be neighbors and in the same ward again. yay!
the happy couple-

the reception was held outside in her parents yard. i loved her colors- green, white, and a little black. see more cute pictures here.

to close this post on a random note (as i usually do), these sunglasses have been sitting at Mike's work for a while so he decided to claim them. they fit right over his glasses and he thinks they are pretty cool-

AND i got a ticket this morning. i'm so mad at myself. i've been ticket free for a year, mostly because i've been on probation for the past year so i've been driving very carefully because i couldn't get a ticket without getting my liscense revoked. . . mike told me that if i got another ticket i'd be riding the bus everywhere. but since my liscense isn't revoked he's not going to make me ride the bus :) i need to work on my speeding problem, i know.

7 comments:

Jacki said...

Love this post Carly! Don't ya just love reminicing about old times with friends and such...I know I do. Tell Mike I like his "hip" glasses..haha! Thanks for letting me know about the recipes. I don't know why your email doesn't work here at my work, but when you have time you can send them to my home address. My email address is....

jackster869@aol.com
thanks Carly! :)

Shannon said...

i love your pictures! we hadn't seen them before, i showed my mom and she loved them too. i am so glad you were there on saturday. you are such a sweet friend! i am so thankful for all the fun memories that we have.

one more ?. What is the name of that lady on campus in the math department?

Unknown said...

Those pictures of you young are great! That's how I mostly remember you :) The girl with the great curly hair! I always want hair like that.

Camilla said...

I LOVE the pictures! It is so wired that we're all grown up now! We really had such a fun time together and I hope that my girls can find such sweet friends. I'm so glad we can still keep in touch!

Trimbles said...

HAHAHA Car, I love it! Im so sorry you got a ticket! Im just now recovering from a very bad few months 3 years ago where I got like 3 in a row. Talk about insurance hike! I even got one for going 24 miles an hour! HOW IS THAT SPEEDING! RIDICULOUS! So I feel your pain. :) Im very much looking forward to sun valley and hanging out :)

Julie said...

What a blessing to have one of your best friends move near you. I can't believe how much Paige looks like you did, way back when. Cute!

Brad and Darci said...

Hey Car-
I am so glad that you found me in this blogging world! I was so surprised but very excited! I am glad that things are going well for you. I am excited to keep in touch with you through blogging!
Sorry about your ticket!